See our current careers here!
Gradient (formerly known as TREAU) is a seed-stage hardware startup in San Francisco, CA making home heaters and air conditioners that are better for the environment, easier to install, and more pleasant to use. Gradient started in 2017 as part of Otherlab, a group of inventors, engineers, scientists, and business people striving to impact the energy, robotics, manufacturing, and education sectors. We are always looking for talented and passionate people to join our team.
Why building energy?
Today, building heating and cooling is responsible for a full 20% of greenhouse gas emissions. Reducing emissions of this sector is uniquely difficult because:
2. 28 of the 30 hottest metro areas are in developing countries, the building stock is expected to increase dramatically, and the climate is warming.
These three facts combined mean that the challenge is not only technical and economic, but social: access to heating and cooling is necessary for development yet critically bad for sustainability, and only part of the problem can be solved with a clean electricity grid. Gradient's mission is to build products to expand access to energy services while decreasing the total emissions from the built environment.
Working with Gradient
Gradient has a growing team and strong support from several partners and investors all committed to making a positive impact on the built and natural environment. We’re looking to grow our team to help us get to a product release that has a real impact on a historically conservative industry.
We offer an inclusive and collaborative work atmosphere. Our pet-friendly office is located in a historic building in San Francisco’s vibrant Mission district, and is close to public transit, great restaurants, nightlife & gyms (when they reopen).
Our company perks include:
- Competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits
- Family friendly + paid family bonding leave policy
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Employee-contributed 401k
- Access to our 2500 sq. ft. modern prototyping shop including a waterjet cutter, high-power laser cutter, 5-axis mill, lathe, and more