Last Updated: 5/18/2021
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you, including information you may provide when you visit the website [www.gradientcomfort.com] (our “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Site, through email and other electronic messages between you and this Site, and through any other means.
II. Children under the age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at:
ATTN: Data Privacy
375 Alabama St.
San Francisco, CA 94110
III. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about you, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
IV. Information you provide us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site.
- Information that you provide when signing up for a newsletter.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Information that you provide when signing up to be a tester or customer of any of our products or services on our Site.
- Information you provide when making a purchase on our Site, including payment information.
V. Information we collect through automatic data collection technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
VI. How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us (for example, to respond to you, to send you a newsletter that you signed up for, or to allow you to participate in testing of products that you applied to be a tester for).
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Site, applications, products and services.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including laws, regulations, judicial proceedings, court order or legal process, and contractual obligations.
- To understand the value of, and better market, our products to customers and potential customers.
- To facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy or disposal of all or part of our business.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To create de-identified or aggregated information that cannot be used to personally identify you, which may be used by us for any purpose.
- To combine your information with other information we have about you, so we can use the combined information for the above purposes.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
VII. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, testers, and customers, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Gradient’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Gradient about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gradient, our customers, or others.
VIII. Choices about how we use and disclose your information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers & Newsletters from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our users across third party websites.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
IX. Accessing and Correcting your information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may not be able to delete certain information unless we delete your entire account with us. If we delete your information, others we have provided such information to under Disclosure of Your Information above may still retain such information.
X. Third party websites
Other websites, application or content may be linked to or otherwise accessible from or on the Site. These third party websites may send their own cookies and other tracking devices to you, log your IP address, and otherwise collect data or solicit information. WE DO NOT CONTROL AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT THIRD PARTIES DO IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR WEBSITE, OR HOW THEY HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION. PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION AND CONSULT WITH THE PRIVACY POLICIES POSTED ON EACH THIRD PARTY WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
XII. Contact information
375 Alabama St.
San Francisco, CA 94110